Why We Collect Your Data
We collect data from you so that we can provide, develop, enhance, modify, and improve our products and services, including but not limited to using machine learning technology to improve, enhance, modify, and develop our products and services, conduct research, and for other commercial purposes. In furtherance of these purposes, we may use and disclose your information to our contractors, including but not limited to our contracted crowdsource workers and physicians who will use the data to complete surveys related to the data to improve Company’s services and products.
Data that We Collect
Company collects personal information when you register for, and use, the Services. Depending on how you use the Services, we collect different kinds of information about you. This information may include:
Personal Health Information (PHI)
If you are using the Services as part of your treatment from a health care provider or membership with a health insurance plan, then any information that identifies you as a patient of the health care provider or regarding your health may be PHI. If you are not a patient but are using the Service on behalf of a health care provider or health insurance company, then information about others that is accessible through the Services may be PHI. We will only use or disclose PHI as permitted or required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended, and implementing regulations (collectively, “HIPAA”). If your use of the Service is for purposes of a research protocol or is not through a health care provider, then HIPAA may not be applicable.
Among the types of personal data (“Personal Data”) that the Services may collect from you there are: geographic position, general activity data, movement activity, cookies, usage data, first name, last name, email address, phone number, and photographs of your body that you provide to Company and its contractors through the Services, including but not limited to full face photographs, that you upload through the Services.
Personal Data may be freely provided by you or collected automatically, including but not limited to usage data, device information, and location information. Failure to provide the requested Personal Data may make it impossible for Company to provide its Services to you.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through the Services and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to Company.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may be linkable to you. If non-personally identifiable information is directly linked to personally identifiable information, it will be considered Personal Data while it is linked. Aggregate and de-identified information is not considered Personal Data or PHI.
Collection and Combination of Information from Other Sources
We also may collect information about you that we may receive from other sources or from our offline interactions with you to, among other things, enable us to verify or update information contained in our records and to better customize the Services for you. We may combine information gathered from multiple parts of the Services into a single record.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not access and use the Services.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We will retain your information for as long as needed for us to provide the Services and develop, enhance, modify, and improve our products and services. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include analytics companies, your mobile device manufacturer, your mobile service provider, and Company’s contracted service providers.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Protect Your Data
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures intended to protect your data. We store your data in a secure environment and encrypt all data transmitted to or from our Services, once you have logged in, using Secure Socket Layers (SSL). We also use SSL for transmissions between us and our contracted third parties, and may also apply additional layers of passive and active security to further limit the potential for unlawful accessing of data we collect, store, send, or receive. We also encrypt sensitive data when at rest.
While we take commercially reasonable precautions to prevent your data from being unlawfully accessed, we cannot guarantee that your communications with the Services will never be unlawfully intercepted or that your data will never be unlawfully accessed by third parties. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
Disclosure of Your Data
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information of that we collect or you provide in the following manner:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and develop, enhance, improve, and modify our products and services.
- To third parties for the purposes of research.
- To our contracted third party clients who have engaged us.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, or as otherwise required by law.
- As necessary where we believe an individual’s rights, safety, or security is at risk.
- If we find that your actions violate any of our legal rights.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company our customers or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices as set forth below in the California Consumer Privacy Act Addendum.
The Services are not intended for minors under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a minor under 18 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in a country other than the United States, please note that information that we collect will be processed and stored in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the data protection and privacy laws may not offer the same level of protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen. Subject to applicable law, by using our Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing of information in the United States and other jurisdictions. Where necessary under applicable law, we may employ appropriate cross-border transfer methods governing personal data.
Questions and Support
California Consumer Privacy Act Addendum
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, including health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA).
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||YES|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
Collecting, Using, and Sharing Personal Information
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, LoveMyDelta has disclosed following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Category D: Commercial information.
- Category E: Biometric information.
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
- Category G: Geolocation data.
- Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We have disclosed your personal information for a business purpose to services providers.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, LoveMyDelta has not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see section below titled “Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights”), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not provide these access and data portability rights for business-to-business personal information.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see section below titled “Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights”), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not provide these deletion rights for business-to-business personal information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Changes to this Addendum
We reserve the right to amend this Addendum at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Addendum, we will post the updated Addendum on the Website and update the Addendum's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.